Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spiders, Snakes, and Scrapes

It's Sunday and I wasn't able to update this blog yesterday. I figure that it is ok if I miss one or two. Yesterday I went for about a 50 minute push run at about a 140 BPM average heart rate and it felt pretty good.

We went to the USC baseball game and the kids had a blast. It was really hot and the Gamecocks ended up losing to Alabama 6-4.

This morning I got up at rode about a half hour at a 122 BPM average. Then after I took Sheldon to Sunday school a group of about 6 of us went on about a 30 mile easy ride at about a 16 mph average.

I really had a good time as I don't ride a lot with groups and it was good to chat with people with common interests. Along the ride on Fort Jackson, two of us were up ahead and about a 4 foot black snake came scooting across the road. This is something I am not really acustommed to see on a ride and it got me a little off balance. I almost ran into the guy I was riding beside but recovered. I did run off the rode but I didn't fall which was good.

We kept riding and encountered probably the biggest spider I've ever seen crossing the road as well. Luckily there weren't any more strange nature sitings and the rest of the ride finished up well. Well, I guess I should say it almost finished well. As we were chatting after the ride I pretty much started falling over from a stop and couldn't get my shoe out in time and fell over. I got a nice chunk of road rash out of my knee but my bike survived so I am ok. It was good to chat with everyone at different points in the rides as we all have different goals and it was good that we
could all come together on a common ride. I think we will try to do this more often.

I think I will take my new wetsuit to the pool tomorrow to try it out I was going to go today but it seems silly since I will be going in the morning anyway. Next Sunday is the Lake Murray Sprint so I am looking forward to it. I am going to go and enjoy the rest of the day so I will catch up later...

No comments:

Post a Comment