Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am still here...

I am back and still training. It has been a couple of days but I have been keeping up with the plan. This morning it was rough getting my heart rate up to 135 during my one hour ride on the trainer. I blame it on the eggplant Parmesan I made last night. Not used to all of that cheese. It was really good but I can tell it affected my performance.

Last night my back right between my shoulder blades got real tight and started bothering me again. I went back to the chiropractor today I usually go about once a month. It is still bothering me so I am going to ice it down tonight.

I sipped on a green smoothie that I made this morning and i had a 27 gram protein shake this morning after my ride. Tonight I sauteed some squash made some Lima beans and had a piece of leftover eggplant minus the cheese for dinner. I am feeling pretty good but I am definitely welcoming the recovery week.

I am signed up for a 5k race this weekend. It doesn't fit in with my plan so I am going to run before the race lightly and walk the race with my wife and kids instead. I know she will appreciate that and my Chattanooga race is my number one priority right now. I don't want to risk injury at the moment.

It was good catching up. Festival of Flowers is a couple of weeks away and I am really excited about competing in my second international distance. Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment