Sunday, May 23, 2010

Festival of Flowers Rehersal

We went out to Lake Greenwood State Park today to check out the course for the Festival of Flowers International triathlon that is June 13. I went with a fellow triathlete I met at the pool and wanted to check out the course. Since I was free this weekend with the family away I thought it would be a great opportunity.

The course was right at 24 miles and there were some hills. We weren't riding really hard although I got carried away a couple of times. I think the course is going to be pretty nice. The first and last part of the course is extremely rough road but luckily it isn't too terribly long.

It was good to actually go and see the swim site, transition area, ride the course, and drive the run course. I am looking forward to this race as it will be my second international distance of the season.

I am resting the remainder of the day and will be back on the trainer early in the morning. I can not wait to see my family tomorrow night. I think next time I will try to schedule time to visit with them. I feel like I worked pretty hard this week and next week is a recovery week before I start my quality weeks. I am really getting excited about Chattanooga and looking forward to redeeming myself in the swim portion of Festival of Flowers from Langley. I will check in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment