Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Catching Up

Yesterday was a busy Monday so it looks like every other day might be a more reasonable blog update. The workout was an hour on the bike trainer at 121 bpm heart rate. I still find it harder to get the heart rate up to a higher average early in the morning but it was a good work out.

I then went to the pool to try out my new (smaller) wetsuit. I saw the swim coach and he asked me if I had ever swam there with the wet suit. When I told him no he told me to hurry up and get in the water. Evidently there is a health concern about wetsuits indoors after they have been used in open water but noone bothered me about it. I have never approached the wall so fast before than in the suit. I had a couple of 35 to 40 second laps so that was pretty neat to see the advantages of the suit. When I finished I felt like I didn't work hard at all. The race may or may not be wet suit legal on Saturday at Lake Murray because it has been so hot.

This morning I ran for 30 minutes at a 145 bpm heart rate average. This felt pretty good. I am off to the pool now for a 1500 meter work out. I am getting pretty excited about the race on Sunday but it is just a bump in the road to the Chattanooga Waterfront race so I am not tapering for this event. I will be interested to see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment