Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

Absolutely no training today. What a dreary day here at the lake. I had big plans for a 2000 meter open water swim and an hour and fifteen minutes on the trainer but it just didn't happen. I did try to get on the trainer while the family slept but it was short lived after they all woke up 15 minutes later. It is OK though because I had a lot of preparation and family time for our friends that came over for the BBQ.

It took a lot of discipline cooking the burgers and dogs today. I made fresh guacamole, hummas, and mango salsa. I grilled a foil pack of sqauash, onions, and snap beans and it was incredible. I also tried Tofurky beer brats for the first time and I must say it wasn't that bad. There were also a lot of yummy desserts that people brought that I did partake in. All in all everyone had a great time and the rain broke for bout an hour and all the kids got to go swimming.

I am going to hop on the trainer in the morning and hit the pool at lunch. This starts my quality training two weeks out from my next international triathlon and then a month after that it is on to Chattanooga. I am going to work hard and smart the next six weeks to hopefully be at my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment