Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday Run and Jail Break Event

I got up this morning early and ran about 5.5 miles at a 144 average heart rate. I felt a little sluggish and conquered a few more hills than I normally do. I incorporated my pushes every 10 minutes and that felt good.

Then the we all went to the Jail Break 5K run/walk. Sheldon participated in the one mile fun run and finished. I don't think he really wanted to run and as usual he started out way to fast. He ended up finishing though and got through it. We walked and had a good time.

Then we all walked the 5k. This was very humbling to me and was nice to be able to participate and hang out with the family throughout the event. Usually Rebecca has to wait with the kids while I race and I think she enjoyed participating with me as well.

I am off to ride with the Brotherhood tomorrow morning. We usually ride about 30 miles out on Fort Jackson at a 15 to 16 mph pace. I will work it up the hills so I can get my workouts in for Chattanooga. I am looking forward to it. Then it is back home to get ready for the memorial day BBQ we will be having at the lake on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment