Friday, May 28, 2010

Update.....

The Lake Murray Triathlon podcast has been recorded without draft mode. Please check it out below in the archives. It is Friday and it has been a busy week. Yesterday I made it to the pool after a 45 minute push run. I have incorporated a 30 second plank, 15 push ups, and 10 squats at the beginning, end, and every ten minutes of most of my run workouts. This has proven to really strengthen my core and I can tell a difference.

At the pool yesterday the coach noticed I was sprinting my 50 meters. He explained how much distance I was losing because of not following through with my stroke. I have often wondered if you go fast do you lose form and I got my question answered. Even when I am swimming sprints I will concentrate on getting my reach and pull so that I am efficient and ultimately do less work and go further. Thanks coach!

I only rode on the trainer 30 minutes of my hour I was supposed to ride today. I didn't do it this morning because my back is bothering me and I didn't get to get on the trainer until around 9. I was worn out by then but at least I pushed through for 30 minutes.

I am going to the Jailbreak 5k race tomorrow. Originally I was going to run this race but it doesn't really fit in with my plan. My son is signed up for the fun run and my wife the walk. I am going to run about 6 miles before the race tomorrow morning and then run with my son in the fun run. After that we will all walk the 5k. It is real important to pick your priorities and right now my number one priority is sticking to my plan and getting ready for Chattanooga.

An update on my weight. Since I have been steering clear of meats and eating a lot cleaner fruits and vegetables I have seen a health decrease in my weight. When I first started out I didn't think I would be anywhere near the 179 I am supposed to weigh based on my height. I am down to 192 and a mere 13 pounds away. I would like to lose this before the Chattanooga race as long as it feels healthy. I need to lay down and I will update you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment