Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcolme to Portland, ME

We woke up this morning about 4:30 and made it to the airport in time to catch our flight. I was heading to Portland, ME via Laguardia with the family and they were picked up by Rebecca's mom and taken back to Connecticut where they will visit for the next week or so. I sure miss those guys.

I got to Portland around 11:30 and went in to work. After work I made it to the Riverton Community pool and I must say I was pretty impressed. They had a great pool and a nice locker room and shower. I swam 1750 meters and felt pretty strong in the process. It was good getting out and utilizing the facilities in a different town. This is essential for triathletes or anyone who is serious about their training. It just takes a few clicks and a search on google to get you where you need to go.

I stopped by Maine Running Company and chatted to them as they were closing up. I was talking to one of the guys there about triathlon. He is younger and has done the Lake Placid IronMan I think the last three years. I tried on my first pair of Vibram Five Fingers and hopefully one day I can get a pair to work on my form. For now I am just trying to keep forward and off my heel.

Then to Whole Foods to buy my food for the next three days while I am here in Portland. I will be eating hummas and cucumber sandwiches, bananas, tomatoes, broccoli, almond butter, pears, and men's bread. I only spent right at $40 and I definatley couldn't have eaten 8 meals for that if I would have gone out and more importantely I won't get caught giving in and eating something I shouldn't.

I got back to the hotel and went for a 30 minute run that was nice and cool. I ate my dinner and did some work and now I am about ready to get some sleep and do it all again tomorrow. I am concentrating on my running and swimming while I am here and I will catch up on my riding when I get back home, especially this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment