Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reflecting on Today's Work

Here is a reminder of my last race. This is the start of the Festival of Flowers International Triathlon. This was my second international distance race but it brought a lot of firsts. First disappointing swim time (they say this was a long 1500), first awesome bike split at 22.5 mph, first thoughts of walking through the run, and first big race with very little taper and overall satisfaction with results. See the race report blog below for a podcast of the race.

This morning I had a nice warm half hour push run followed by a nice hard 2500 meter pool workout. I feel great this week and I am looking forward to my easy bike workout in the morning. I will hit the road real early for an hour run prior to my volunteering Saturday morning early at the Tri the Midlands Triathlon and finish off the week with a nice 40 mile hill workout at Fort Jackson on Sunday.

It is getting late and I still need to get my son to bed. Carolina has some work to do to win this baseball game to night. Until next time.....Push On!

No comments:

Post a Comment