Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hot Hot Hot

Three days after my last race and I am doing pretty good on my training. Of course Monday didn't work out so I started my week on Tuesday. Rode for a little over an hour on the trainer and then went to the pool for a 2000 meter workout. While I was there I talked to a fellow masters swimmer that did the Festival of Flowers race with me. He said that he got off course a little as well but was right on my feet coming out of the water. Unfortunately he had a bad time with cramps in the run and I know it had a lot to do with the heat.

This morning it was downpouring when I was going to run and I was going to go to the pool but Cedar woke up and I had to tend to him. Then Sheldon got up and I laid down with him and fell back asleep. I went to the pool at lunch and had a decent 2500 meter workout. It felt pretty good but I swear I am gettign slower. I know it has a lot to do with going in the middle of the day and such a long work out but I will just keep working at it.

I just got back from my run. Now I left the house about a quarter after eight and I think I lost all the water in my body in the first mile and a half to the stretch point. Then I did a quality workout of 5 880's about 10 beats over my top aerobic heart rate followed by a 440 easy and a one minute walk. I finished it off with what was supposed to be another mile and a half jog but I ended up cutting it about a half mile short and walked about a quarter of a mile of it. I should have taken some water. If all goes well I will be up and on the trainer tomorrow morning early for that quality work out. Until next time.....Push on!

No comments:

Post a Comment