Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Slowly But Surely

The training plan I am using called for 20 minutes of running and 1000 meters of swimming this morning. I ran at about a 145 bpm heart rate for approximately 2.3 miles. This felt pretty good and I have started to pay attention to my running style and making sure that I am not striking my heel. I have been looking into the pose method of running as well as maintaining a good running cadence. This is something that Coach Brett from Zen and the Art of Triathlon mentioned on one of his pod casts so I have been researching it.

My swim was nice. I did a 200 meter warm up, 10 X 50's with 10 seconds rest between and a 200 meter cool down. This is a great recovery week for me and I am glad to be back in the groove of things after my race.

I need to run Sheldon to school and get in to work so I will update you tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment