Sunday, April 18, 2010

32 Miles Off The Trainer With Sites On Langely

Hello Again! Well since I am writing this you know I made it from the lake on my bike. This probably isn't that big a deal but it was pretty neat for me and I really enjoyed it. First of all I was supposed to ride 40 miles today but only rode 32. I will take it since I rode on more hills than I am accustomed to especially in my 3 X 5 room I usually ride on my trainer. I left out at 8 am and had a nice steady ride down highway 378 from the Lexington/Saluda County Line to my home in downtown Columbia. The weather was great and I thought I was going to be freezing in my tri-suit I wore but it was perfect. I was glad I kept my toe warmers on though. I rode right at 32.5 miles in 1:44:45 with an average heart rate of 139. I was pretty happy with this as I didn't push myself real hard due to my race next s
Saturday. When I finished the bike I threw on my running shoes and ran about a mile at a 7:41 pace to check my side stitch and it didn't show up. That is comforting to me and I think the Infinit nutrition had a lot to do with that. I will let you know after the race if this still stands true.

This week is a true taper as I will only be working out 3 days this week. I will be back on the trainer at 4 am for about an hour and a quarter and then at the pool at 5:30 am for a quick 1500 meter work out. This is all getting ready for my first olympic distance at Langely Pond in Aiken, SC on Saturday, April 24th. After 17 weeks of heartrate training I feel like I am definately able to complete this distance and I hope to do well. We went to Earth Fare today to get some grub for the week. I will fuel with mostly vegetable and fruit carbs this week getting ready for race day. I did however purchase some spinach and feta turkey burgers that I saw and couldn't pass up. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment