Monday, April 19, 2010

6 Days And Counting

So I didn't quite make it up at 4 am. I often have these conversations with myself at 3:55 am when my alarm goes off. The ones where I argue the benefits of sleep versus exercise. Luckily nine times out of ten the exercise wins. Usually after a hard exercise the day before I sometimes get a couple more winks. Since it wasn't a total waste I was able to get up and get thirty minutes of the hour and fifteen I was supposed to on the bike trainer. I'll take it. I also made it to the pool this morning for my quick 1500 meters at the pool and made it back within an hour to work.

After work I met up with the family and we went to the chiropractor. Rebecca had to go a few weeks ago because of a serious problem that almost had her not able to walk. I went last year after a similar issue and now I go the Monday of race week which puts me at about once a month.

We then went to Sports Clips for a haircut and picked up Chinese take out for dinner. Yummy Chinese vegetables. Cedar (my youngest) had enough at the chiropractor and went absolutely crazy when they took me back to get my haircut. He's a cutie though so you can't help but love him. Sheldon did his usual at Sports Clips he talks to all of the adults about sports and tests their knowledge. I don't know where he gets it from but that kid breathes sports.

After dinner I made my green smoothie for tomorrow. I was turned on to these by "Coach Brett" from Zen and the Art of Triathlon. I hope he doesn't mind me advertising for him on here. I tried it with kale, coconut milk, lime, yellow bell pepper, carrots, cilantro, orange, strawberry, spirulina, banana, and grapes. Sheldon helped and thought it was yummy. Rebecca tried it and didn't love it as much as Sheldon but she tasted it at least.

So I don't know if I will worry about making up the bike ride I missed this morning, but tomorrow I will take it easy with a 45 minute run. I am really getting excited about the race I called my folks tonight to make sure they were still going. We will be leaving early Saturday morning (5:00 am) to make it there an hour before the start. They are going with me and taking Sheldon. Rebecca gets a break with Cedar at the library all day. I need to start heading to bed and hopefully I will blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment