Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4 More Days

I feel great! I got up around 4 am and made my way down to the trainer. I rode moderately for about an hour with an average heart rate of 122. This is a pretty low heart rate and I have found it difficult to raise it some mornings so early. I then proceeded to the pool. I walked in with the master's swim coach Bill Irwin and he gave me some interesting advice. I was telling him about trying out the wet suit and he told me I didn't need to kick. This makes a lot of sense to me because I found that I was so bouyant with the suit on that I had to modify my kicking to keep my feet in the water. I am going out to the lake tomorrow at lunch basically to practice getting out of my wet suit but I will swim a little with no kicking just to see how it feels. I swam 1500 meters this morning with 800 meters of it as the main set. It felt pretty good although I felt a little sluggish there too. I am going to do a strength work out and some stretching tonight hopefully and start getting things together for the race.

I made a chocolate whey, coconut milk, blueberrie, peanut butter, and banana smoothie for my post work out drink and I am going to sip on this and see if I can get Sheldon ready for school. Have a wonderful Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment