Friday, April 23, 2010

12:05:40 and Counting

Alright, what a day. I am just about ready to lay down in bed and try to get to sleep. I got up around 6 am and made it in to work a little before 7. Last night we noticed a pretty bad leak in our downstairs bathroom so of course that had to be take care of today.

I did make it out to the lake this morning with a group of guys from work and as they got used to the open water, I concentrated on polishing up my beach start and exit. I did step on some rather large stones as I was running in and bruised the underside of my left foot a bit. Hopefully that won't bother me tomorrow. I also practiced getting out of the wetsuit and learned a few things that will help me tomorrow.

I ended up leaving work at 2:30 to check on the two foot by about 3 foot chunk of ceiling that was removed to isolate the leak issue. Luckily it ended up being fixed with some caulk but with a 100 year old house you can never be too sure.

I am ready to lay down and get up early (4:30), eat a little oatmeal and get my son in the car. I will be going to pick up my dad and we will be heading out to Aiken for my big race. I am really excited as I have put a lot of time into training and it is going to be great to conquer the next step up distance wise in my triathlon journey. I hope to include a podcast for this race like I did for my first one. I will let you know how it goes. Start time 8:03:00...

No comments:

Post a Comment