Saturday, April 24, 2010

Langely Pond International April 24, 2010



Here I am with Sheldon just before the swim start. It was a nice morning and I got there in plenty of time. I was able to get in the water for just a few minutes to warm up and get my bearings on the swim course. Since I didn't do my homework on this swim course it proved costly to me. This was my biggest lesson learned in this triathlon.



Here I am in T1. My dad and Sheldon were a welcome site. My swim cap was harder to get off than my wetsuit. I thought the transition went fine. I will be sending my wetsuit back though. I need the next size smaller.

I don't have any pictures of the bike but I felt good on the bike. 24 miles is a lot different than 15 in a sprint distance but I felt I handled it well.



The run went about as well as I thought it would. I would have liked to been a little stronger but I was ok with it. I saw moderate signs of my stitch trying to break through during the first couple of miles but I had some water at a couple aid stations and it went away luckily.



Ahhh! This is what makes it all worth it. I don't know if you can tell but Sheldon was soaking wet with playground sand all over him. He had a wonderful time with his Paw Paw and took advantage of being 41/2 and playing in the rain. Thank goodness for the showers and extra clothes.

All in all this was a great race. It was very wet but I don't think that really bothered the spirit. I hope you enjoy the short podcast with my report. I am looking forward to getting back on a training plan with sites on Chattanooga in July. My next race is the Lake Murray Sprint triathlon May 9th. Check out the podcast for this event below.

No comments:

Post a Comment