Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday Run

Goodmorning! I had a pretty good run this morning. This was my last long run before the big race next Saturday in Aiken. Still paying attention to heart rate I kept it right at a 145 bpm average which was decent. I ran about 6.2 miles in a little less than an hour. I also incorporated 15 pushups and 10 squats into the routine every 10 minutes. Post race nutrition was a chocolate whey, coconut milk, strawberry, and peanut butter smoothie. Yummy! I took a trip to Publix to get grub for the weekend at the lake and more importantly to get coffee filters. Guess what I forgot. But luckily I didn't make it out of the parking lot. I need to figure out how to put some audio files on here so I can share my race report from the Downtown Columbia Triathlon a couple of weeks ago. I am looking forward to heading out to the lake. Right now I am watching Raggs on PBS with Sheldon. These shows get stranger as time goes on it seems but hey the kids like it. I am sure my folks thought the same thing when I was growing up. Anyway tomorrow I am going to try to ride my bike from the lake to the city (32 miles) if time permits and then go for a quick run to test my Infinit Nutrition and see if I get the side stitch issue that has been plaguing my last two sprint triathlons. Until then, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment