Sunday, December 18, 2011

A focus on nutrition two weeks in!

This is what was waiting for me at the co-op pick up point this afternoon. A large box of fresh organic greens, fruits, and vegetables. I made some pasta tonight with marinara and veggies that was incredible. I could get used to this. I have been starting to focus on my nutrition along with the the training I have been doing for Ironman NY. I can't wait to mix up a green smoothie with some of these ingredients. I would like to lose some weight especially over the holidays since right now it is easy to gain if you aren't careful.

I have an 1800 yard swim I am looking forward to in the morning and then a run during lunch. I don't plan on eating before the swim but will probably make that smoothie to take to work and sip before the run. In 2010 I did really well knowing what I ate and how it made me feel. I felt great that year and had a real strong season. Training for an Ironman I am taking that same approach and I look forward to testing the waters and giving my body what it needs to succeed.

This week's training has gone well and I was able to complete all of my workouts. I also started the 100 runs in 100 days on slowtwitch.com. This seemed to help me out a lot last year in my running so I thought I would do it again. I asked my coach John Hirsch if it would be OK to add a 30 minute run the days I didn't have a run scheduled and he said it would be great but not to over do and keep it in zone 2. I agreed and think that it won't be a problem to get these runs in.


I think I did a good job juggling the family and training this week and I am looking forward to time off work starting this Friday coming up and enjoying the holidays with everyone. Push On!


No comments:

Post a Comment